Build Community & Transform the World with Youth MOJO
Apply Today to be a part of the Youth MOJO Summer Program.
Apply today: CLICK TO APPLY HERE
What is Youth MOJO?
Youth Movement of Justice Organizing (Youth MOJO) is a youth leadership development program at Chinese Progressive Association for high school students in San Francisco. We work on social issues affecting working class families such as healthcare, education, and workers’ rights by empowering young people to work towards positive change in our communities. Through Youth MOJO, you’ll develop and strengthen leadership, public speaking, communication, advocacy, and organizing skills while having fun and meeting new friends in a friendly and engaging environment. You will earn volunteer hours & community experience for your participation.
Hear from current MOJO'ers:
I like Youth MOJO because it’s completely different from school and I can be myself. It’s a group of youth that care about social justice issues that care and support each other. MOJO allows me to learn more about community issues through workshops and discussion. I also really love meeting cool people and learning more about myself. -Connie
At MOJO, I am given the opportunity to learn at my own pace while I have fun and make news friends. The skills and topics I learn in MOJO are relevant to my identity as a Chinese, low-income, first generation (to go to college) student. I like MOJO because I am given the opportunity to make a change in my community in a way that does not exist at home or school. -Winnie
- High school student or incoming high school student
- Can commit to 10 hours a week during the summer and attend all meetings (see schedule below)
- Interested in social justice and community work in the Chinese community
- Interested in learning and improving leadership and public speaking skills
- 6/5: 2:00pm - 5:00pm :: First Day/Orientation
- 6/9 - 6/12: Overnight Retreat in San Francisco (limited space - up to 30 students)
- From 6/17 to 8/14: Tuesdays 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Wednesdays 1:30pm - 4:30pm; Thursdays 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Applications are due by Friday, April 25, 2014 by 6:30pm.
You may be contacted by phone for a follow up interview regarding your application. We will notify you by phone and email if you are accepted to Youth MOJO’s Summer Program by May 9th, 2014.
Any questions or concerns, please contact Natalie at Natalie@cpasf.org